Manila Mayor Isko Moreno to go after past administration
Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko” Moreno bared that the administration of his predecessor, ousted President and plunder convict Joseph Estrada, spent P2.9 billion pesos on commercial contracts in just a month after the midterm elections, or before leaving office.
Manila Mayor Isko says Erap admin gave him zero transition documents
Lira Dalangin-Fernandez, GMA News
Manila City Mayor Isko Moreno claimed that he did not receive any transition documents from former mayor Joseph “Erap” Estrada.According to a report by Tina Panganiban-Perez on GMA News TV’s State of the Nation with Jessica Soho, Moreno held out a piece of paper with a “0” printed on it when he was supposed to deliver the state of the city address on Monday.”Ito ang natanggap namin sa transition group nila, mga dokumento, papel na kakailanganin natin para maging smooth ang first day natin, ito po ang natanggap ko sa kanila. Ito ang katayuan ng siyudad ng pamahalaang lungsod ng Maynila,” Moreno said.
He also claimed that the city government even spent P2.9 billion after the midterm elections.
Former city administrator Jojo Alcovendaz said that those release of funds were backed by a procurement document which was already approved last year.
Alcovendaz added that the amount did not reach P2.9 billion.
Further, he denied Moreno’s claim that the previous administration did not turn over documents for the transition. “Nagtu-turnover po kami, pero hindi tinanggap ng opisina ni incoming secretary to the mayor na si Councilor Bernie Ang. So ang ginawa po namin dinala ho namin ito sa DILG City Director’s Office. Tinanggap naman po ito. Naipadala na rin po ito sa tanggapan ng city administrator ni Mayor Isko,” Alcovendaz said.
GMA News is still trying to get Moreno’s comment on the former official’s explanation. —Dona Magsino/LDF, GMA News