SABONG. BOXING. BARAHA, MAHJONG. INUMAN. SIKSIKAN sa nga lansangan at palengke. SWIMMING.
Duterte: Probe local execs in cockfighting, drinking binge amid Luzon lockdown
MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte has ordered the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) to investigate local community officials involved in illegal cockfighting events and drinking sessions despite the Luzon-wide enhanced community quarantine.
(These LGUs, I’d like the DILG to investigate who are behind the illegal derby and drinking binge.)
The President said local officials found guilty of involvement in these banned activities during the strict quarantine should not expect help from him.
“For those people who are identified by the barangay captains and the mayors who are violating the quarantine: Pasensya ho kayo. Help would not (come),” he said.
The government earlier announced it will enforce stricter implementation of the lockdown measures after it observed an increased number of violators and vehicles plying along Edsa and major thoroughfares in Metro Manila.
According to the Philippine National Police (PNP), 108,088 have so far violated the lockdown rules as of Monday, April 13.
Duterte placed the entire Luzon, home to about half the country’s total population, under a month-long enhanced community quarantine to curtail the further spread of COVID-19. The quarantine was extended until April 30.
The measure stopped all public transportation, banned mass gatherings, and strictly enforced home quarantine as work for the majority of the region’s residents was suspended. People are only allowed to go out for provision of food and other basic necessities and in cases of emergency.