COVID 19 LOCKDOWN but no social or physical distancing in NCR

19 davao ncr

SABONG. BOXING. BARAHA, MAHJONG. INUMAN. SIKSIKAN sa nga lansangan at palengke. SWIMMING.

*******

Duterte: Probe local execs in cockfighting, drinking binge amid Luzon lockdown

By: Darryl John Esguerra – INQUIRER.net
April 16, 2020

MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte has ordered the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) to investigate local community officials involved in illegal cockfighting events and drinking sessions despite the Luzon-wide enhanced community quarantine.

(These LGUs, I’d like the DILG to investigate who are behind the illegal derby and drinking binge.)

The President said local officials found guilty of involvement in these banned activities during the strict quarantine should not expect help from him.

“For those people who are identified by the barangay captains and the mayors who are violating the quarantine: Pasensya ho kayo. Help would not (come),” he said.

Earlier, Manila Mayor Isko Moreno paid a visit to Barangay 129 in neighboring Caloocan City in search of its barangay chairman and other village officials who are wanted for alleged illegal cockfighting at the Manila North Cemetery on Good Friday, and even while the enhanced community quarantine is in place.

The government earlier announced it will enforce stricter implementation of the lockdown measures after it observed an increased number of violators and vehicles plying along Edsa and major thoroughfares in Metro Manila.

According to the Philippine National Police (PNP), 108,088 have so far violated the lockdown rules as of Monday, April 13.

Duterte placed the entire Luzon, home to about half the country’s total population, under a month-long enhanced community quarantine to curtail the further spread of COVID-19. The quarantine was extended until April 30.

The measure stopped all public transportation, banned mass gatherings, and strictly enforced home quarantine as work for the majority of the region’s residents was suspended. People are only allowed to go out for provision of food and other basic necessities and in cases of emergency.

 

Quezon City is COVID 19 Capital of the Philippines with 1000 plus confirmed positive cases

qc alunan

Incompetent DILAWANG Mayor. QC Jail COVID 19 outbreak. Most populous. High concentration of urban poor. East Avenue Quirino Lung Center cadaver pile up. Favoritism in relief distribution. Former DILG Secretary Rafael Alunan lll says IATF should takeover Quezon City due to mismanagement at the time of a national health emergency (coronavirus pandemic)

***********************

BJMP: 9 QC detainees, 9 jail personnel coronavirus positive

By: Consuelo Marquez
PHILIPPINE DAILY INQUIRER
April 17, 2020

MANILA, Philippines — Nine Quezon City Jail detainees and nine employees of the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology assigned at the same facility have been infected with the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), BJMP announced Friday.

“We have nine (persons deprived of liberty) and 9 personnel who were tested positive for COVID-19,” Major Insp. Xavier Solda said in a press conference.

“Now we are doing extensive contact tracing. We have a team assigned to it,” Solda said.

The BJMP official said the inmates who tested positive for the novel coronavirus were among the 21 PDLs isolated in Payatas.

The Payatas isolation facility can accommodate around 150 individuals, Solda said.

Solda likewise said that the infected BJMP personnel were advised to undergo home quarantine because they do not have severe symptoms.

The BJMP is now coordinating with the Philippine Red Cross for medical treatment and the establishment of quarantine facilities.

******************************

QC confirmed COVID-19 cases breach 1,000 mark

GMA News
April 18, 2020 
 

The Quezon City government reported, based on information from the Department of Health (DOH), total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the city has reached 1,016.

The total number of confirmed cases with complete addresses in Quezon City is now at 848 while the total number of validated cases by the QC Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit and District Health Offices is 690.

As of Friday evening, the local government reported that there are 517 active COVID-19 Cases in the city.

There are seven new recoveries, bringing the total to 83.

The temporary quarantine facility called HOPE 1 facility is currently housing 34 confirmed COVID-19 patients and three probable patients in the said facility. But there are still three available rooms.

The HOPE 2 facility, meanwhile, has 116 available beds while 99 rooms/beds are already occupied by confirmed and suspected COVID-19 patients.

Fresh market

On Friday, the Fresh Market on Wheels reached 12 barangays.

On Saturday, April 18, Fresh Market on Wheels will be travelling to the following barangays: Mariblo, Commonwealth, Masagana, Quirino 3A, Escopa 1, Escopa 2, Horseshoe, UP Campus, Sauyo, and Balon Bato.

Community-based testing

There were 174 tests conducted on Friday  in QC’s community-based testing, local government hospitals and by QC Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit (QCESU).

Quarantine violators

On  April 17, 2020, 133 residents were apprehended for violating the enhanced community quarantine protocols. — BAP, GMA News