Running Priest Pinagtatanggol ang PNP NARCO GENERALS

Bago pa pumutok ang pangalan ng EPAL running priest kaugnay ng pagkamatay ni Kian de los Santos, si Father Roberto Reyes ay kumampi naman sa mga pinangalanan ni Pangulong Duterte na mga PNP NARCO GENERALS.

kian running priest du30

*****
Fr. Reyes, Todo-Suporta sa 3 ‘Narco Generals’

Ni: Joel O. Amongo      July 8, 2016“HINDI dapat trial by publicity ang pairalin.”Ito ang tugon ni ‘running priest’ Fr. Robert Reyes sa pagkakadikdik nina Director Joel Pagdilao, Chief Supt. Edgardo Tinio, at Chief Supt. Bernardo Diaz bilang mga protektor ng mga sindikato ng droga.

Sina Pagdilao, Tinio, at Diaz ay mga aktibong opisyal sa Philippine National Police (PNP).

Dating hepe ng PNP sa Metro Manila si Pagdilao, PNP Quezon City naman ang dating hawak ni Tinio, at PNP-Visayas ang pinamumunuan ni Diaz bago sibakin.

Ngunit, nang magkaroon ng malawakang balasahan sa PNP si Director-General Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa, hindi binigyan ng puwesto ang tatlo dahil nga nakarating na kay Pangulong Rodrigo Duterte ang pagiging protektor umano niya sa mga sindikato ng droga.

Ang dalawa pang retiradong heneral na tinumbok ni Duterte na protektor din ng sindikato ng droga ay sina dating Deputy Director-General Marcelo Garbo at Chief Supt. Vicente Loot.

Iniimbistigahan na ng National Police Commission (Napolcom) sa pamumuno ni Interior and Local Government Secretary Ismael “Mike” Sueno sina Pagdilao, Tinio, at Diaz.

Kinukuha na ng Napolcom ang lahat ng impormasyon laban sa tatlo mula sa intelligence community.

Isang buwan ang itatakbo ng imbestigasyon, tugon ni Sueno.

Ang Department of Justice (DOJ) naman ang bahala sa kasong kriminal laban kina Garbo at Loot.

DOJ na ang may hawak sa dalawa, sapagkat sila ay pawang mga retiradong opiyal na.

Idiniin ni Reyes sa media na dapat naglunsad na muna ng malalimang imbestigasyon bago isinapubliko ni Duterte ang pagkakadikit nina Pagdilao, Tinio, at Diaz sa droga upang hindi magmukhang trial by publicity.

Nanindigan naman si Dela Rosa na matibay ang ebidensiya ng Malakanyang laban sa lima, kabilang sina Garbo at Loot.

 

******************

 

Naming generals akin to killing them—running priest

By: Delfin T. Mallari Jr., Estrella Torres
Inquirer Southern Luzon, Philippine Daily Inquirer  July 10, 2016

LUCENA CITY, Philippines—President Duterte practically “killed” five police generals when he publicly named them as protectors of drug syndicates without any investigation, an activist Catholic priest said on Saturday.

“While the almost daily killings of suspected drug pushers happen without due process, the naming of the five PNP (Philippine National Police)  generals as drug protectors was likewise a killing of sorts,”  Fr. Robert Reyes, known as the running priest,  said in a statement.

Duterte last week named former National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) chief Director Joel Pagdilao,  Supt. Bernardo Diaz of Police Regional Office 6 and former Quezon City Police District (QCPD) chief Edgardo Tinio as alleged coddlers of drug syndicates. Retired police officers Deputy Director Gen. Marcelo Garbo Jr. and Chief Supt. Vicente Loot were also named.

All have denied the allegation, except for Garbo, who has so far been silent. The three active officers have also voluntarily appeared for investigation. Loot, now mayor of Daanbantayan in Cebu, has said he was not hiding anything and was willing to be investigated in a civilian court.

“What if some of the five are proven innocent? Will they be able to recover their lost reputation and good name? The killing and taking of lives is final and irreversible,” Reyes said. “Couldn’t we say the same about the killing of the dignity of those accused without trial and conviction?”

Reyes likewise called on the Duterte administration to immediately put an end to the summary execution and public humiliation of suspected drug traffickers. Police have so far confirmed killing at least 103 suspects as they stepped up the war on drugs.

“All killings must stop whether of life or reputation or dignity,” Reyes said.

Malacañang has refused to disclose the evidence against the generals, saying it may affect the outcome of the investigation.

But Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II on Saturday said the five may be placed in the immigration lookout bulletin order so any travel may be monitored.

“These police generals will be placed under immigration lookout because President Duterte mentioned their names as being behind illegal drugs,” Aguirre told the Inquirer. The five will not be barred from leaving the country, but immigration officials will monitor their movements.

He said a decision was to be made on Monday.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s