SUMUKO NA SI BABOY!!
MANILA, Philippines – Businesswoman Janet Lim Napoles, the alleged brains behind the P10-billion pork barrel scam, has surrendered to President Benigno Aquino III, a Malacañang spokesman announced Wednesday night.
Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda said in a statement that Napoles surrendered at 9:37 p.m. to the President.
“The President turned her over to the custody of Interior and Local Government Secretary Mar Roxas and Philippine National Police Director-General Alan Purisima for processing and booking,” Lacierda said.
Napoles surrendered the same day that President Aquino offered a P10-million reward in exchange for information that would lead to the arrest of the embattled businesswoman.
The Makati City Regional Trial Court ordered the arrest of Napoles and her brother, Jojo Lim, based on the serious illegal detention case filed by pork barrel scam whistleblower Benhur Luy.
Napoles’ lawyer, Lorna Kapunan, said earlier that her client will surrender only after President Aquino had assured her safety.
Justice Secretary Leila de Lima had also said that the businesswoman may be considered as a state witness in the cases that will be filed against lawmakers involved in the pork barrel scam.
President Aquino said that the process of taking Napoles as a state witness can only push through if the businesswoman would surrender.
The President turned over Napoles to Interior and Local Government Secretary Mar Roxas.
Latest reports said that Napoles was already in the custody of the Philippine National Police.
LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/smartphones.tablets4
LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/balitang.balita.ngayon
#pinas #Philippines #balita #porkbarrel #PDAF #corruption